Friday 26 October 2012

D*i*a*mond Earrings & Sweetheart

No, not that kind of diamond... but still pretty?  I wanted a pair of red earrings to go with something so just quickly tatted these last night, and wore them today.


I added Snowflake Obsidian semi-precious beads as I like that bit of extra weight to the earrings.  They look slightly asymmetrical but it's just the angle they were on when I took the photo.

I like how they've turned out and will probably make a couple more pairs in different colours.

I also used Jess's Messy Jess-y again to make Birgit Phelps's Sweetheart.  This is a great little pattern but if I was to make it again I maybe would try it without the two uppermost rings to give it more curve at the top... and maybe shorten the side chains just a little?  Oh, but I'm fussing.  It's a lovely heart.




Best wishes,


10 comments:

  1. Great earrings and beautiful heart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's very nice thread on your heart. Nice earrings, too! I like the dangly bead.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the heart!
    I was just trying to find a pattern for another new thread,a messy Chilled-like, because of the gray, it turned out with less light blue than Chilled, but still very pretty. (I'll send you a pic)
    Anyway, I think I will try this heart out to make a sample! It's so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely, both the earrings and heart! Love Jess's HDT colours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hola, Gracias por tus comentarios y me encantan los aretes, en rojo son bellos. El corazon me ha dado ideas para tat otro.
    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the earrings, i think that it would be really cool to make more pairs in different colours. :) I also think that your heart is really cute, I really like how the colours work with the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely earrings, I think that little pattern has come from your bookmark corners, they make a gorgeous pair of earrings to go out in.

    Lovely heart and gorgeous colour.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Margaret,

    Well, it's hardly a "pattern", I just put four trefoils together and there you go: earrings!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love how you can whip up some earrings so quickly. I am too pokey, or just can't concentrate long enough to get a pair of earrings done in one sitting. Is that weird? And Birgit Phelps Sweetheart is one of my favorite patterns - it looks wonderful in "Messy-Jessy" :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful earrings am not surprised you'll be whipping ups few more pairs in different colours. I like the heart but I can see we're you're coming from with the proposed changes.

    Did you get my email the other week in regards to the messages you'd left on my blog and papillon?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment, it's always appreciated!